Monday, November 18, 2013

Leave a Message!

This week the Fifth Grade listened to a voice mail message and had to write down the important parts of the message.  I told them it was a message left by a substitute teacher and that the message was for me.  I replayed the message for them three times, explaining that I do the same thing when taking a message for my husband.  You can't click "pause", but you can hit "replay"!  

Before playing the message we reviewed how to record fact fragments, using abbreviations and bullets, and throwing away "trash" words like articles and prepositions.  After they too took their notes they composed a final message to leave for me to read.  To see the worksheet click here.

Students first made a rough draft of their notes and then composed a neater message for me to read!





No comments:

Post a Comment